Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome to a sort of match.com for writers looking for critique partners



I would be lost without the other writers I use to read and tear apart...um I mean critique..my work. (I want them to tear it apart, by the way.) But I've learned that you need the right person reading your work: someone who doesn't try to turn your novel into his or her novel, someone who understands your strengths and weaknesses, someone who spurs you on to greatness.  But not everyone gets lucky so easily. So where do you find critique partners?

Ladieswhocritique.com is a completely free site for women writers looking for the exact right partner to critique their work. The Brainchild of Laura Pepper Wu, this site lets you do a search for someone in your genre whom you might be critique-compatible with. So get motivated, stay on top of your writing and improve fast!

3 comments:

deborah jiang stein said...

Great idea. I've had so many people's fingers inside my memoir-in-progress, I forget whose story it is. A matching service sounds wonderful.
I'll help spread the word about this site.

Laura Pepper Wu said...

Thanks so much for the write up Caroline! :)

Deborah we have a memoir group on the site. Please feel free to send your writing friends our way!

Delighted,

Laura

Robby said...

CAN I JOIN!? I'm not a lady, but I have a lot of feelings.