Thursday, November 1, 2007

Max's new sweater


My cellphone camera is possessed so none of these colors came out right. Every year, my son comes with me to the yarn shop and picks out colors for a sweater. The top color is actually this deep, lustrous navyblue, the mid stripe is sort of robin-eggy blue, and the bottom is this bold true blue. I find that knits really look great against a wood floor!

I just found out that the ABC Primetime show on lost kids will be airing in December. I have no idea if my segment will be on, but the nasty letters on Hoboken411.com have gotten me down. (I've been accused of being gullible and stupid for stopping for a crying child. This written by people who didn't stop because they obviously knew it was a TV set up. Oh. I see. Excuse me?)


Meanwhile, it is a waiting game. When will I hear about my new novel? Will my scripts sell? (Oh please, please, please--if there are any producers or directors out there, I will bake you a peach pie, I will knit you mittens, I will grovel!) I work a little on my new novel, I try to concentrate.

Sigh, the life of a writer...but it still is a great one, and after a stint in the corporate world writing about videos (a nightmare of a job! I got bad critiques because my desk was too messy and because they said they "knew I was thinking about my novel and not about videos and therefore all mistakes would be blamed on me!") I vowed never again.



Truly, to wake up every morning without that clutch of panic is just bliss. Pure bliss.

1 comment:

Clea Simon said...

The sweater is lovely! But don't sweat the scripts right now. The Writer's Guild is on strike and I heard from a friend who is a screenwriter that nobody is buying ANY scripts right now, because they won't be able to request rewrites, etc. He's even had projects cancelled! It sucks, but there you are. They'll sell after the strike!